Tips for Seniors
Senior pictures happen once in a lifetime. Make yours unforgettable! Use these tips to prepare, experience and be SEEN!
Preparing your skin
1. Avoid tanning for at least 10 days before your session (indoor or outdoor) - too much color flattens your skin in pictures and can look splotchy, orange and add weight!
2. Use a toothbrush to gently exfoliate your lips for a week leading up to your session. Then, apply a moisturizer like Aquafor to seal in the softness.
3. Exfoliate your face 3-5 days prior to your session. Makeup will go on more evenly with fresh skin. Also, be sure to wash and moisturize the day of your session.
4. No eyebrow waxing for at least a week before your session. Skin can look red and irritated.
5. Checkout Pinterest/angelworks/fresh-faces for makeup ideas. Pin your favorites and bring to your session to show our stylist the looks you like!
6. Get plenty of rest the night before your session. Rest cool, wet tea bags on closed eyes to reduce puffiness in a pinch.
7. Apply all over body lotion just before your session to give skin a healthy glow. Try L'Oreal Sublime Bronze wash-off body makeup lotion for a subtle color boost.
8. Ensure your nails are looking their best by getting a fresh manicure before your session - the best looks are either natural, French or nude.
Preparing your wardrobe
1. No more 'only solid colors, no patterns'! Let your outfit choices tell the world who you are! This is your time to show off your own personal style.
2. Show your range - mix up your styles and colors. Include a dress, shorts and your favorite T shirt, jeans, that amazing skater skirt - the possibilities are endless.
3. Layers can help add versatility and unique texture to your outfits. Think jackets, sweaters, belts, hats, etc.
4. Bring double the outfits that you think you'll need. Better yet, let our personal stylist help you sort it all out ahead of time with an in-home styling appointment!
5. On session day, bring your outfits on hangers. If you stuff them into a duffel bag, it will show.
6. Accessorize to complete every outfit. Think statement jewelry, stylish shoes, retro shades, a scarf, even a matching purse or clutch.
7. Plan an outfit to show off what you love! Your sport, activity, talents or interests. Use your pre-session consultation to work with us to brainstorm unique and memorable ways to photograph what you love in a new light!
8. Avoid bringing clothes that draw attention to areas that you are uncomfortable with - for example, if you do not 'love' your arms, do not bring strapless or sleeveless items.
9. Don't forget appropriate undergarments - nude colored, strapless, backless, think through your outfits and plan accordingly.
rock your session!
1. Bring your BFF to share in the fun! Not only will your smiles be more genuine, but we might be able to sneek in a friend shot or two if she comes prepared ;)
2. Bring your jams, tunes and/or beats! We'll hook you up with our studio sound system so you can rock your session to your own music! Or choose a station from our selections to fit your mood.
3. Enjoy your day! Take a deep breath, have some chocolates (on us), hydrate and let us take care of everything else!
Prepare to be SEEN!
1. Skip the proofs for an editorial album with your favorite fully-edited images! Leather stitched cover and solid pages set our senior album apart from all others!
2. Let Mom show off your images with archival quality artwork that tells your story. Whether Mom loves canvas gallery wraps, or traditional framed art, we can design a gallery that's perfect for your space. In fact, send us a pic of your walls ahead of time and we'll show Mom your images on your own walls, at full size!
3. Share your story with friends using your very own social sharing app! You get perfect images to post online - no more 'pictures of pictures' with glare spots and crazy color shifts!
4. Share your story with the world! Our Be SEEN session includes submission to The National Senior Model competition on www.wearetheseen.com, and behind the scenes of your session on snapchat!
Be the first to know more!
Signup for email alerts and be the first to know when I make big announcements and send out new helpful info like the list above!